Practical steps at the bottom of this article…
Ethical practices. Here’s what it means to me.
I just wrapped up a check-in call with a client. What I felt very strongly about bringing up was ethics. I know that this brand is doing good for its customers. I also know that the message is so strong it could influence people into making choices they themselves aren’t certain in.
What I said was, our job is to encourage people to the front gate of your business, they need to choose to cross the threshold and become a customer. This is where purpose and profit will either conflict or be in alignment.
Conflict because winning a customer over through conversation, despite them being resistant is emotional manipulation.
Alignment because you have the power to impact those customers that enthusiastically choose to become a customer.
My client said “that message really hit my heart. Ethical practices are the most important thing about growing my brand”. This is music to my bloody ears!
The brand is growing (ridiculously so), so why do anything other than be ethical to continue the forward momentum.
Remember, as conscious leaders, marketeers and branders, we have a responsibility to advise others of ethical marketing practices they otherwise wouldn’t know we so damn important.
From your local do-gooder, keep doing good, all.
Practical steps to demonstrate your brands ethical practices:
1. Write down why you want to review your pricing.
2. Ask yourself “What do I believe is limiting my belief around changing my prices?”
3. Write down how much you would like to charge. Just the number. Forget everything else.
4. Now, looking at what you charge today. calculate the gap between the current and proposed prices.
5. Now, ask yourself, “for me to charge this price and for my customer to get real value, I would need to…”
6. Review everything you have written and ask yourself, “what do I need to do in this moment to feel comfortable charging the proposed amount?”
7. Right now, go and do that thing you wrote down.
Still unsure? Contact us and we’ll help guide you through this process.